Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Prom fabric

Here is the Prom fabric I designed. 


I was so thrilled when I happened to stumble upon modernjax this afternoon and discovered what Beth made from my Prom fabric. She made this really fun bag from Amy Butler's new book.  Isn't it great!?!?!?! She is loaded with talent. 
And I think I've become one of her biggest fans!!!



She also used more of my fabric designs on other bags she created.
These designs are from the Dick and Jane collection I designed in 2006! Could it really have been that many years ago? Time sure flies by when you're having fun! 



11 comments:

Amber said...

I love it! I'm so uncreative and when I see what she made of your fabric, I see your fabric in an even BIGGER light! Keep designing Doodlegirl! This is what you were born to do!

Dan Guerra said...

That's Awesome Shawn! I never saw that prom fabric...that sure is fun, like a prom I'd wanna go to! :o)
Keep up the great work!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Seeing items that were made of fabric you designed - that has got to be fun! The Dick and Jane fabric is really special - bringing back memories of being a little girl and learning to read - which I love to do!

Bren said...

YOU ARE SO TALENTED. I LOVE ALL OF THESE.

doodlegirl said...

Thanks everyone for dropping by and leaving a comment. It's nice to see you are there.

Bethany said...

The Prom fabric is fabulous!! And Beth's bags are really cute... I'm loving all the fabric combinations!

MrBibleHead said...

Hey Shawn! I love your fabric designs. That prom design ROCKS and looks so cool on the bag!

Unknown said...

Hi!
I just discover your blog and work thanks to a comment you left on my blog, (thanks by the way for that!).
Your illustrations are amazing... very creative, fun and whimsical!!!
Do you show your work on Spoonflower too? I would like to check your portfolio out and add you to my connections ;-D

PunkToad said...

Too cool for words!!!

Deborah van de Leijgraaf said...

Wow that's beautiful!!! Love your illustrations/fabric designs! Beautiful!

kim said...

oh, shawn... you are just over-the-top talented! and you run marathons too? when i grow up, can i be you!! :) love your work; it's inspiring! (that prom print is the bomb... the prom bomb... ;))